Re: RFS: gnome-inm-forecast (updated package)

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 04:24:15PM +0200, Gustavo Iñiguez Goya wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 01:13:30AM +0200, Gustavo Iñiguez Goya wrote:
> > Dear mentors,
> >
> > I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.8.0-1
> > of my package "gnome-inm-forecast".
> >
> > It builds these binary packages:
> > gnome-inm-forecast - Spanish weather forecast applet for the GNOME panel
> >
> > The package appears to be lintian clean.
> >
> > The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
> > - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable
> >   main contrib non-free
> > - dget
> >   http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gnome-inm-forecast/gnome-inm-forecast_0.8.0-1.dsc
> >
> > I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.
>
> I would be glad if someone could take a look at it.
> Thank you very much in advance.

After reading the ripit package thread, I'd like to explain myself a bit
more about this package. I did not realize either, that the RFS template not
included the long description, otherwise I would have added it.

gnome-inm-forecast displays on the gnome-panel, the weather forecast for
the following 7 days. Unlike others applets like gweather, this applet does
not display the current weather for a particular location, but as I've said,
the weather forecast for the next days.

It gets the information from the Spanish Meteorological
Agency, which offers several weather services that no others sites do.
For example, you can display specific satellite images of different
types: evolution of the air masses, last lightnings detected, storms
evolution, etc.

There're several interestings maps as well for the next day:
rainfall probability, weather forecast map, max and minimum temperatures
map.
And probably, the most valuable feature of this applet (site), is that
you can read the latest avalanches reports/warnings for the Pyrenees. Besides
general conditions reports for the most important mountains chains of Spain
(added in this version).

By the technical side, an important bug has been fixed, which caused to
not work on GNOME 2.26:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-inm-forecast/+bug/351398

GNOME 2.26 is not yet in unstable, but in experimental (hopefully):
http://packages.qa.debian.org/g/gnome-panel.html

It used to crash on 64bit architectures, and that is fixed as well.

Regarding the debian/ files:
 watch file improved to match correctly the new upstream releases.
 control file updated with the new added features.

Here are some screenshots:
http://kutxa.homeunix.org/trac/gnome-inm-forecast/wiki/ScreenShots

Thanks in advance if someone have enough time for review/upload it for me.

Regards,
Gustavo.