Re: Added requirement for translation of debconf templates

On söndagen den 18 januari 2009, Neil Williams wrote:
> Every time the debconf templates change, I expect the RFS to include a
> link to the call for translations sent to the debian-i18n mailing list
> (use podebconf-report-po for that support) and include a statement that
> the upload to Debian must wait until after a new upload is made to
> mentors after the translation deadline has passed. The deadline must be
> more than 10 days and should be between two and three weeks.
>
> Packages that use debconf should not expect to be uploaded until a call
> for translations has been made and the deadline for that call has
> expired.

So, new strings should be translated from the start. I guess that's a good
thing.

> Even when templates do not change, I expect to see some evidence that
> new translations are being sought on a fairly regular basis (at least
> annually, preferably bi-annually) and that incomplete translations are
> being pursued via the relevant language team and/or debian-i18n. If the
> debconf templates have not changed, I expect the RFS to include a
> statement to this effect.

But we have http://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po-debconf/, which shows
the translation status for every package. Is there any point nagging the
translation teams also?

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@debian.org
Debian Developer