Planning on updating some dock-apps

Hi there.

There are some dock apps that are, unfortunately, bit-rotting in the
repositories and that would benefit from a facelift.

Unfortunately, I don't have many powerful computers to run full-blown
desktop environments and I opt to use simple, window manager only
environments with X.

The dock apps are quite useful for users like me, but some of them have
dead upstream or have maintainers that aren't that excited with their
packages (or so it seems).

I have reported, one or another bug, but they seem to have gone into the
bit bucket, unfortunately, but I would like to do something about such
packages.

I was thinking of doing some uploads of them as a matter of doing some
"quality assurance" work to Debian, so that we can have a few packages
more or less in shape (and, also, with fewer lintian warnings/errors,
which often indicate bugs in the packaging or in the build process).

I would like to do that without becoming the formal maintainer of them
(but doing something, of course). So, are there any comments on my idea?
Would there any sponsors be interested in this QA job?

Regards, Rogério Brito.