Re: RFS: mpg321 (updated package)

Elías A. M. <ealmdz@gmail.com> writes:

> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.2.10.6-1
> of my package "mpg321".
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> mpg321 - mpg123 clone that doesn't use floating point

Comparisons like “clone of foopackage, but different” aren't very
helpful in the synopsis. (They are fine in the long description though.)

Better would be to spend the limited synopsis space to say what the
package *is*, rather than what it is like or what it is not. In the
synopsis it's okay to be similar to other packages; the long description
can be used for distinctions.

--
 \        “We should be less concerned about adding years to life, and |
  `\         more about adding life to years.” —Arthur C. Clarke, 2001 |