Re: copyright, authors of little files in app

On 20:12 Mon 30 Mar     , Charles Plessy wrote:
CP> Le Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 01:02:34PM +0200, Grammostola Rosea a écrit :
>>
>> And what about the years for the author? How define them?

CP> In my opinion, there is no need to be more precise as Upstream. If they provide
CP> a list or a collective name in their README file, and if their source tarball
CP> does not contain parts that are obviously derived or copied from other
CP> projects, I usually use their information verbatim. Sometimes I increment
CP> the year if it is obvious they forgot.

CP> But I do not think that there is a single solution. If you are already in
CP> contact with them, maybe the simplest is to ask them what they prefer?

CP> Have a nice day,

I had been rejected from NEW-stage a few times because some copyright
records was not included into the debian/copyright. Since last reject
I have been doing "grep -ir '(c)' ." in src-tree and add results into
debian/copyright. It works very well :)

--
... mpd is off

. ''`.                               Dmitry E. Oboukhov
: :’  :   email: unera@debian.org jabber://UNera@uvw.ru
`. `~’              GPGKey: 1024D / F8E26537 2006-11-21
  `- 1B23 D4F8 8EC0 D902 0555  E438 AB8C 00CF F8E2 6537