Re: copyright, authors of little files in app

Le Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 01:02:34PM +0200, Grammostola Rosea a écrit :

> And what about the years for the author? How define them?

In my opinion, there is no need to be more precise as Upstream. If they provide
a list or a collective name in their README file, and if their source tarball
does not contain parts that are obviously derived or copied from other
projects, I usually use their information verbatim. Sometimes I increment
the year if it is obvious they forgot.

But I do not think that there is a single solution. If you are already in
contact with them, maybe the simplest is to ask them what they prefer?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan