Re: Use *.dsc files from opensuse to package?

Le Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 06:02:15PM +0200, Grammostola Rosea a écrit :

> Is it more easy to use *.dsc files from packages which are already in
> other distro's like Ubuntu or OpenSuse?
>
> For example
> http://packman.links2linux.de/package/jack_mixer

Hello,

if a Debian source package already exists, maybe you can establish a fruitful
collaboration with the person who prepared it…

However, in the case of jack_mixer, I have not seen one (OpenSuse uses the RPM
format), so you will have to start from scratch.

PS: you may be interested in the Debian multimedia team:
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy