Re: Point to semi-official backported packages?

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 12:35:44PM +0900, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 8:28 PM, Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net> wrote:
>
> > Now...  I know about - and use, and love - the Vcs-Svn and Vcs-Browser
> > control fields.  However, I would like to have the unstable package contain
> > some kind of pointers to my own Lenny and Etch ports to avoid duplication
> > of work if anyone should be interested in such a thing.  Where should I
> > mention the trunk/<package>-pkg/debian-{etch,lenny} subtrees?
> > README.source comes to mind, or alternatively, X-Vcs-Svn-Etch:
> > and X-Vcs-Svn-Lenny: control fields or something - but the control fields
> > would elicit warnings from lintian :)
>
> IMO just upload them to backports.org and be done with it.
> Alternatively any of the other options you mention sound fine.

Well, now that I've seen the rest of your message and explanation,
I will :)  It was just that I was, indeed, confused about the "correct"
backports site, and since Git isn't quite my cup of tea yet (a question
of both personal preference *and* lack of time to learn it, I guess ;)
I thought the learning curve to backports.d.n was a bit high :)

> > (And yes, I know about backports.d.n; maybe I'll get 'round to submitting
> > or maintaining stuff there at some point, but for the present it is
> > a bit easier for me to keep it all in a single repo :)
>
> I think you mean backports.org, backports.debian.net is not what you
> think it is. Despite its name, backports.d.n is a personal backports
> archive for Daniel Bauman.

Oh!  Oh...  Well, that explains that, then.  Now that I've seen that
backports.org is a real, full-fledged Debian package archive with
upload queues, buildd's and everything, I'll upload there.  Thanks!

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net    roam@space.bg    roam@FreeBSD.org
If you think this sentence is confusing, then change one pig.