Point to semi-official backported packages?

Hi,

For work-related reasons, I'm in the habit of keeping an Etch backport
of any packages I make in the same Subversion repository where the real
unstable/testing packages are developed.  Now with debhelper >= 7.0.50
and Lenny, in all probability I'll keep a Lenny version, too.  My repo
structure is usually like that:

path/package
  - trunk
    - package
      (the package with my fixes common to all OS's I try it on)
    - package-pkg
      - debian
        (the debian/ subdir of the Debian unstable package)
      - debian-lenny
        (the debian/ subdir of the Debian Lenny package)
      - debian-etch
        (the debian/ subdir of the Debian Etch package)
  - branches
    - vendor
      - package
        (the stock version of a package, if I keep its sources there, too)
    - debian
      - package
        (the package with all Debian-related patches)
    - freebsd
      - package
        (the package with all FreeBSD-related patches)
  - tags
    - package-N.NN-stock
      (the stock version from branches/vendor)
    - package-N.NN
      (my version from either trunk/ or branches/debian/)
    - package-N.NN-N-debian
    - package-N.NN-N-debian-lenny
    - package-N.NN-N-debian-etch
      (the debian/ subdirectories of the Debian packages)

Now...  I know about - and use, and love - the Vcs-Svn and Vcs-Browser
control fields.  However, I would like to have the unstable package contain
some kind of pointers to my own Lenny and Etch ports to avoid duplication
of work if anyone should be interested in such a thing.  Where should I
mention the trunk/<package>-pkg/debian-{etch,lenny} subtrees?
README.source comes to mind, or alternatively, X-Vcs-Svn-Etch:
and X-Vcs-Svn-Lenny: control fields or something - but the control fields
would elicit warnings from lintian :)

Is there already a precedent in the archive?

(And yes, I know about backports.d.n; maybe I'll get 'round to submitting
or maintaining stuff there at some point, but for the present it is
a bit easier for me to keep it all in a single repo :)

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net    roam@space.bg    roam@FreeBSD.org