Re: Point to semi-official backported packages?

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 8:28 PM, Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net> wrote:

> Now...  I know about - and use, and love - the Vcs-Svn and Vcs-Browser
> control fields.  However, I would like to have the unstable package contain
> some kind of pointers to my own Lenny and Etch ports to avoid duplication
> of work if anyone should be interested in such a thing.  Where should I
> mention the trunk/<package>-pkg/debian-{etch,lenny} subtrees?
> README.source comes to mind, or alternatively, X-Vcs-Svn-Etch:
> and X-Vcs-Svn-Lenny: control fields or something - but the control fields
> would elicit warnings from lintian :)

IMO just upload them to backports.org and be done with it.
Alternatively any of the other options you mention sound fine.

> (And yes, I know about backports.d.n; maybe I'll get 'round to submitting
> or maintaining stuff there at some point, but for the present it is
> a bit easier for me to keep it all in a single repo :)

I think you mean backports.org, backports.debian.net is not what you
think it is. Despite its name, backports.d.n is a personal backports
archive for Daniel Bauman.

--
bye,
pabs