Re: RFS: lbzip2

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 8:12 AM, ERSEK Laszlo <lacos@elte.hu> wrote:

> I released a new upstream version (0.14, changes should become shortly
> visible under http://freshmeat.net/projects/lbzip2) and made available a new
> build of the corresponding Debian package; the URL is the same as above.
> Trivial interdiff follows below.

That isn't the way to do it. Because lbzip2 is in NEW, you should add
a new changelog entry with two entries, something like this: "new
upstream release" and "bump Standards-Version, no changes needed". For
the latter, please verify that no changes were needed by reading the
upgrading checklist:

/usr/share/doc/debian-policy/upgrading-checklist.txt.gz

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise