Re: [RFS] python-lockfile 0.7-2

Julian Andres Klode <jak@debian.org> writes:

> On Fri, Mar 06, 2009 at 11:49:36PM +1100, Ben Finney wrote:
> > Okay. Perhaps, then, I should remove that dependency altogether,
> > since ‘python’ will be satisfied by a dependency on either of
> > ‘python-central’ or ‘python-support’?
> You have to build-depend on python, because it's required by the
> Python Policy[1].

Okay. I wonder how relevant that is; it was last updated in 2006.
AFAIR from discussions on ‘debian-python’ forum, there are numerous
changes in current practice that obsolete the old policy document.

Nevertheless, I have followed your advice and changed the
‘Build-Depends’ accordingly. Thank you!

--
 \       “Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?” “Well, I think |
  `\   so, Brain, but it's a miracle that this one grew back.” —_Pinky |