Re: debhelper 7, installchangelogs, renames (was: [RFS] python-lockfile 0.7-2)

On Sat, Mar 07, 2009 at 12:29:47AM +1100, Ben Finney wrote:
> But how can I tell ‘dh_installchangelogs’ the name of this file, with
> an elegant mechanism like the ‘debian/docs’ configuration file for
> ‘dh_installdocs’? It would be a shame if I have to actually invoke
> ‘dh_installchangelogs’ explicitly in the ‘install’ target, because
> that leads to:
>
>     install:
>         dh install --until installchangelogs
>         dh_installchangelogs FOOFILE
>         dh install --remaining
>
> Not terrible, but it does rather detract from the simplicity of the
> rest of the rules. Is there a better way?
With debhelper (>= 7.0.50) you can add this to debian/rules:

override_dh_installchangelogs:
	dh_installchangelogs RELEASE-NOTES

--
Julian Andres Klode  - Free Software Developer
   Debian Developer  - Contributing Member of SPI

Website: http://jak-linux.org/   XMPP: juliank@jabber.org
Debian:  http://www.debian.org/  SPI:  http://www.spi-inc.org/
Ubuntu:  http://www.ubuntu.com/  FSFE: http://www.fsfe.org/