dlatest: Query the Debian archive for the latest available version of the package (was: Closing bugs, incrementing release number, and uploads to mentors.debian.net)

Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> writes:

> It would be great to get this into debuild as an option, so that you
> could pass it some flag and it would do this work to figure out the
> last Debian version and include all the changelog entries to that
> point.
>
> Maybe someone (Ben, perhaps?) could open a wishlist bug against
> devscripts with the final version of the code?

The program is done to my satisfaction now, and a bug report filed
<URL:http://bugs.debian.org/517962>.

--
 \          “Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; |
  `\    those in philosophy only ridiculous.” —David Hume, _A Treatise |