Re: RFS: mupen64plus

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 6:44 PM,  <fgatuno.123@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "mupen64plus".
>
> * Package name    : mupen64plus
>  Version         : 1.5-2
>  Upstream Author : [fill in name and email of upstream]
> * URL             : http://code.google.com/p/mupen64plus/
> * License         : GPL (but it's on non-free section because it have a
> non-free plugin)
>  Section         : non-free/games
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> mupen64plus - MUlti Platform Emulator for the N64

> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main
> contrib non-free
> - dget
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/non-free/m/mupen64plus/mupen64plus_1.5-2.dsc

> Kind regards
> Félix Arreola Rodríguez

Hi there, and welcome to Debian packaging.

I am glad to see that you have noticed the ITP against mupen64plus
(http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=513322). However,
it's generally bad form to just hijack an ITP. Have you been in
contact with William Pitcock about this?

Your package also needs a fair amount of work. Please run "lintian -iI
*.deb *.dsc" on the debs and dsc file produced by building the
package. Also, please clean out all the *.ex and *.EX files that are
left over from dh-make.

Be sure to familiarize yourself with:

http://people.debian.org/~mpalmer/debian-mentors_FAQ.html
http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/