Re: RFS: mupen64plus

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 03:36:22PM -0600, fgatuno.123@gmail.com wrote:
>  Upstream Author : [I'm not sure about this field]

The name and address for the author of mupen64plus.

You've run lintian across your package, right? The output is attached.
Those debian/*.ex files are examples; if you don't need them, lose them.
If you don't understand any of the messages, their explanations are on
[1], failing which ask the list.

There's some other problems:

In debian/changelog, you must close you ITP bug (like the template did)
and you don't need lines like 'my first debian package'; the changelog
is factual. In fact for an inital release, that's the only line you
need.

Your compat=7 but you don't use debhelper7's nice features like reducing
your rules file, which you could do very easily for this package.

You also have some work to do on your copyright file; as there are so
many different licenses and holders you could use the format proposed at
[2]. Are all the licenses used compatible with each other?

I am not a developer, but IME most sponsors will want another upload
with the same version number (actually, -1 in your case) so go ahead
with that and it will be much easier to see other improvements then.

[1] http://lintian.debian.org/tags.html
[2] http://wiki.debian.org/Proposals/CopyrightFormat

--
Jonathan Wiltshire

PGP/GPG: 0xDB800B52 / 4216 F01F DCA9 21AC F3D3  A903 CA6B EA3E DB80 0B52