Re: Re: RFS: Authomated theorem prover E (AKA eprover)

OK, I see that I have underestimated the task of creating a good man page. This is my first Debian package, so please be patient with me.

The tools you recommend look very promising, and rst2man suggested by Ben Finney too.

Just let me explain why it's difficult to create a good manual for eprover: Automated theorem provers like this are based on the state of the art in this (narrow) field of mathematics, and to understand and thoroughly document (and use properly) all its features one has to be really an expert. While this might be a good reason to have a really well written documentation, it is also a reason why it's really hard to find people who are able to write it. Unfortunately, I'm not such a person. If you look let's say at the man page of prover9 you'll see that it's just as simple (maybe even simpler) as mine. Nevertheless, eprover contains a PDF manual written by the upstream author that documents it in much more detail and it's included in the package. Wouldn't that suffice? (And I guess it has to be PDF because it contains mathematical formulae.)

Anyhow, I'll try harder to find some help with producing a better man page.

Best regards

Petr