Re: [Python-apps-team] RFS: cgmail (adopted)

Hi Dmitrijs,
I finally had some time to check at your package:

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 00:04, Dmitrijs Ledkovs
<dmitrij.ledkov@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/2/16 Sandro Tosi <morph@debian.org>:
>> you'd be welcome to so do :) You can find some documentation at [1]
>> [2] [3], and feel free to ask d-python@l.d.o for clarification or, if
>> you hang around irc, we're on #debian-python at irc.debian.org.
>> [1] http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/PythonAppsPackagingTeam
>> [2] http://python-apps.alioth.debian.org/policy.html
>> [3] http://wiki.debian.org/PAPT_Howto
> Thanks for the links. Inject didn't work so I did the manual injection. Looks
> good to me =D
> * Updated Maintainers field to PAPT
> * Set myself in Uploaders
> * Update VCS-* fields to point to svn

none of this changes has been documented in debian/changelog. Please
use this file to report every change you made from the previous
package to the current one.

- explain why you're removing lib/feedparser.py even here.

- the short description needs better improvement ("new shiny" is not
to be here, and 'A ' is wrong for short descr (cfr devref on it))
- why b-d-i on 'perl'? "grep -riw perl *" returns nothing on the top
level dir of upstream tarball
- it's an arch:all packages, can't some other packages be moved to b-d-i?

- please use the same format of debian/changelog, dch --news is your
friend (too much indentation, to name one).

- why "rm $(CURDIR)/debian/pycompat" ?

- you can remove the empty bottom lines in this file

$ lintian -iIv --pedantic cgmail_0.5-1_amd64.changes

gives something to work on (v2.2.5).

Get back to me/us (on irc at #debian-python on irc.debian.org even
better) once a new package is ready (no need to upload to mentors, we
build from svn).