Re: Closing bugs, incrementing release number, and uploads to mentors.debian.net

Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> (19/01/2009):
> Yes, that's exactly what I was hoping to get from my packages (and
> thought it was my responsibility to do so; I wasn't fully aware that
> the sponsor re-builds the package and uploads the result).

(Just for completeness, from a pratical point of view:)

Well, you upload a source package. Even if they wanted to, sponsors
can't sign the _source.changes (which is what contains Closes et al.)
and upload it as is, they have to build (at least) a binary, otherwise
dak's going to reject the upload (and I'm sure _source.changes are
available from mentors.d.n, though I didn't check).

(One may suggest they could build the binary-only part and use
mergechanges, but…)

Which means that indeed, it's the sponsors' “responsibility” to use a
proper -v when needed.

> Now that I better understand how that all happens, I will communicate
> with sponsors explicitly about this for future package releases, and
> find out how they want to proceed.

I think that's a good idea, yes.

Mraw,
KiBi.