Re: Closing bugs, incrementing release number, and uploads to mentors.debian.net

On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 17:07:00 +1100
Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> wrote:

> Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> writes:
> >
> > > I never invoke ‘dpkg-genchanges’ manually; that's done by
> > > ‘dpkg-buildpackage’, which in turn is usually invoked by something else
> > > (e.g. ‘pbuilder’ or ‘bzr-buildpackage’ etc.) Is there a normal way to
> > > have ‘dpkg-genchanges’ always understand “include all entries newer
> > > than what's currently in Debian”?
> >
> > Most of the helpers that sit in front of dpkg-buildpackage will pass the
> > -v option all the way through or have some way of doing so, probably for
> > precisely this reason.
>
> Okay. So is there a normal way to have the ‘-v’ option during a run
> set to “include all entries newer than what's currently in Debian”?
> Or do I have to remember to set it manually each time I add a new
> release and build?

The maintainer doesn't have to worry about -v - the sponsor does that
with the final build that actually gets uploaded to Debian. (Remember,
the sponsor always uploads a local build, hence why mentors always
needs the location of the .dsc, not the .debs)

I'll add some docs on that to my sponsoring page later.

--

Neil Williams