Re: Added requirement for translation of debconf templates

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 01:17:06PM +0000, Neil Williams wrote:

> On what basis are you misreading my email as Debian-wide? The original
> email clearly stated that I was changing my sponsoring requirements. Is

This wasn't quite so clear as it might have been - the subject line is
much broader and it takes a little reading between the lines to see that
this is just for packages which you sponsor.

> Where is everyone getting the impression that this has anything to do
> with any sponsoring except my own? The original email is full of "I
> require", "I expect". I don't have any say in what other sponsors do

The trouble is that it's pretty much just the use of the first person
that says this until you get to the bit about recommending that other
people do the same.  People often use the first person for broader
announcements of general policy changes, especially when they're in a
position to make decisions for an entire project, which makes it harder
for readers to work out your intent.