Re: RFS: battery-stats (updated package)

Hi Antonio,
thanks for the fast reply

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 21:04, Antonio Radici <antonio@dyne.org> wrote:
> Sandro Tosi wrote:

>> debian/control
[8<]
>> - I'd describe the bin programs in the packaeg in the long description
>> (battery-graph in the paragraph about the graph, and battery-log in
>> another (new) paragraph).

I don't see anything about battery-log, but it's a minor glitch you
can consider for the next upload

>> debian/copyright
>> - I'd separate clearly the copyright and license section with a proper
>> header

Mh, I was meant something like [1], but not a big problem.

[1] http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/m/mathomatic/mathomatic_14.0.6-2/mathomatic.copyright

>> debian/README
>> - I'd refresh the info in this file a bit

You could at least state from what version it supports ACPI.

>> There is a small issue when running battery-graph and the log file  is
>> empty:
>>
>> $ battery-graph
>>
>> gnuplot> plot "-" using ($1 - 946681200):2 smooth unique axis x1y1
>> title "Battery %" with lines linewidth 3
>>
>>                                   ^
>>         line 0: warning: Skipping data file with no valid points
>
> Yes, I saw this but battery-graph is calling another script and gplot is
> reading from stdin, if it's fine for you I'd prefer not to patch this
> because I should change the flow of battery-graph and probably getting the
> error before sending data to the pipe.

It's only annoying, because with the default config of "flush=10" the
user have to wait 10 mins to see a graph and sees only this error
without knowing why. Better if you can fix it somehow, in the next
releases.

> The new release without version bump is in mentor; thanks a lot for your
> assistance, please let me know if you need any other change.

In general, it's better if you tend to write all your changes in
debian/changelog file, even if minor or so: for example, Depends
changes are not there. This helps *a lot* to identify problems or
errors. Please do next time, because this has just been uploaded :)

Thanks for your contribution to Debian,