Re: RFS: battery-stats (updated package)

Sandro Tosi wrote:
On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 18:31, Sandro Tosi <morph@debian.org> wrote:
[snip]

debian/rules:
- don't write the patch/unpatch targets explicitly but "include
/usr/share/dpatch/dpatch.make"

Done

debian/patches/desc
- what's this file?

Sorry, I didn't spot this from the diffstat, it was just cruft.

debian/control
- do you need a bump in gnuplot versioned depends because "gnuplot is
using a new syntax so it should be reflected in the command the
package uses" ?
- add ${misc:Depends} to Depends
- remove the extra (empty) line at the end of this file
- I think logrotate should be elected to Depends: what will happen if
it's missing and at install time the package wants to install its
logrotate rule file?
- I'd describe the bin programs in the packaeg in the long description
(battery-graph in the paragraph about the graph, and battery-log in
another (new) paragraph).

All done.

debian/copyright
- I'd separate clearly the copyright and license section with a proper header
- I'd use GPL-2 file for common-license reference (and hence GPLv2 in
the same paragraph)

debian/README.source
- missing, but policy 3.8.0 "should" its presence in case of patch system

debian/README
- I'd refresh the info in this file a bit

Done, the missing files were also added.

debian/watch
- what about adding one? if it makes sense given the situation; are
you even adopting it upstream?

Unfortunately the upstream has no site which can be scanned, the current source file can be downloaded directly from his website but there is no index.html or Indexes in apache for previous or future source files.

Adopting the upstream is probably the wisest thing to do, rather than keeping on patching the code via dpatch, probably in the next release I will do so (it will also depends whether we will get any future bug report or not)

There is a small issue when running battery-graph and the log file  is empty:

$ battery-graph

gnuplot> plot "-" using ($1 - 946681200):2 smooth unique axis x1y1
title "Battery %" with lines linewidth 3

                                   ^
         line 0: warning: Skipping data file with no valid points

Yes, I saw this but battery-graph is calling another script and gplot is reading from stdin, if it's fine for you I'd prefer not to patch this because I should change the flow of battery-graph and probably getting the error before sending data to the pipe.

There are some lintian message to fix:

$ lintian -I ../pbuilder/result/battery-stats_0.3.3-3_amd64.changes
I: battery-stats source: debian-watch-file-is-missing
W: battery-stats source: dh-clean-k-is-deprecated
I: battery-stats: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign
[snip]

All fixed, apart from the watchfile, see above

They are all pretty simple to fix (the show stopper is dpatch.make
missing) and otherwise the package works fine (at least for the short
time it's running here). Please get back to me once you've uploaded
the package again (no revision bump) to mentors.

The new release without version bump is in mentor; thanks a lot for your assistance, please let me know if you need any other change.

Looking forward to you reply.

Cheers
Antonio