Creating a deb package that would modify some config files

Hi,

I'm quite a noob in the debian package creation stuff. I have a project where I use Debian as the main distrib. I want to package my project using the debian package way, so that anyone could possibly install a usual debian, then add my own repository in the sources.list, and install my packages, and then have a fully working system. Basically, my project is designed to run with a read-only rootfs and have /tmp as a tmpfs, + /etc and /var mounted using a unionfs that would write to a tmpfs as well.

I would like the users installing my packages not to have the responsibility of setting this up. I wrote some init scripts that will prepare the unionfs stuff, but for some of the things, I must put constraints on the /etc/fstab content.

So I would like that when the user installs my package, then the /etc/fstab would be configured accordingly.

Now my question is not about the feasibility of that. I have made a proof of concept that already works, where the post-inst script of my package does the stuff, and it works. What I would like to know is if this is correct on a Debian dev point of view, and if maybe there is some other and better way to do that, and maybe if you know some packages in the debian tree that are already doing some similar things, that I could have a look at, to compare, or get ideas from ?

Best regards,

--
Francois Goudal
Satcom1