Re: copyrights of some files in source for tuxcmd-modules (handling non-free source parts).

Hi

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 11:25:53PM +0900, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 10:18 PM, Salvatore Bonaccorso
> <salvatore.bonaccorso@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I would simply proceed by removing the non-free parts from source
> > tarball and repackage the sources.
>
> And maybe ask upstream to distribute the non-free bits separately.
> Also ask them if it would be possible to just run the unrar program
> (already in Debian non-free) instead of duplicating the code.

Yes will (try) to contact upstream about that.

> > Could you please give some feedback on this? Are there any suggestions
> > on this?
>
> Some info in the devref about repacking tarballs:
>
> http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/best-pkging-practices.html#bpp-origtargz

Thanks for the hint. I added now a get-orig-source target to my
debian/rules which will also unpack an upstream source and with a
fix-orig-source target then perform the operation we need to get the
repackaged upstream source.

Kind regards
Salvatore
--