Re: RFS: ocropus (3nd try)

Hello Jeffrey,

On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 23:10, Jeffrey Ratcliffe
<jeffrey.ratcliffe@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Sandro,
>
> 2008/12/3 Sandro Tosi <morph@debian.org>:
>> another thing about description: ocropus and ocropus-data have the
>> same description: please clarify what's the purpose of -data package,
>> just adding a simple paragraph at the bottom saying what the package
>> contains.
>
> Done.

Great! sadly I spotted another problem with ocropus and ocropus-data
packages: the inter-dependencies. What you usually want it ocropus to
depends on ocropus-data for the same version of the source package,
hence you need this versioned depends "ocropus-data (>=
${source:Version})". This will ensure that on upgrades, both package
are updated (if not -data will be left to the previous version, since
already installed).

For ocropus-data, you simple need to depends on ocropus (-data is
useless without the main package).

>>> I don't think this is possible for software hosted by Google
>>
>> yes it's possible:
>>
>> version=3
>> http://code.google.com/p/mpmath/downloads/list
>> http://mpmath.googlecode.com/files/mpmath-(.*)\.zip
>
> I've added one, but as I said before, I don't think it can work.

well, the one you shipped doesn't work, you could have tried harder to
fix it, or look at mpmath package (the example I gave you) to
understand why, and the reason is gmail to wrap lines. This one works:

$ cat debian/watch
version=3
http://code.google.com/p/ocropus/downloads/list \
 http://ocropus.googlecode.com/files/ocropus-(.*)\.tar\.gz
$

and so we discover that there is a new upstream release: what you
wanna do with it? go for ocropus 0.2, wait for it to be accepted and
the upgrade? or start preparing the new version for upload?

>> - "mv Jamrules.old Jamrules" can be simply "rm Jamrules" (removing the
>
> Done.

don't call dh_clean in config.status: if you want to remove that file
there, it's fine to use 'rm', while in clean target it's better use
dh_clean because it removes even other files the the one listed as
options.

>> no no, please move all dh_install<something> calls back in
>> binary-arch, what I was suggesting is to remove them, since not needed
>> at all; but I have to  correct myself: only dh_installexamples is to
>> be removed :) 'cause you have .install files
>
> Done.

you either use debian/docs or pass a parameter to dh_installdocs (in
this case both contains README file, so it's redundant: choose one
way).

Once those are fixed, I think we are pretty near the end. For fast
question, you can even contact me on irc: my nick is morph_ on
irc.debian.org.

Thanks for your work so far,