Re: Debian packages containing large files

Hey Basile,
   Ah okay let me clarify.  This package is not for public consumption
and would not be part of debian distribution.  I'm skimming a subset
(percentage based) of our live production database which goes through
some process which generates a debian package in the end.   The debian
package is then installed in several different test machines.  This
process could happen daily so it doesn't make sense for the test
machines to be filling their local mysql install with the large
mysqldump which takes 6-7 hours.  I recently raised the percentage and
noticed that the debian packages will no longer install.  I'm mainly
looking for help in explaining why a large file in a debian package
would cause the install process to fail.  Thanks!

Best,
Sammy