Re: Debian packages containing large files

Hi Basile,
    Thanks for answering me.   Yes this package contains mysql data
files that are a subset from a very large live database that we would
like to duplicate frequently across several other machines.
Unfortunately because the mysqldump contains ~30 million statements it
takes a very large time to fill so we're using the debian package
approach.  Would it help, if we somehow cut up table1.idb into smaller
files and reconstruct it during post install?

Cheers,
Sammy