Re: ITR: dbishell - QA upload

On Wed, 2008-08-20 at 22:41 +0200, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> Hi Neil,
> Thanks for the check!

> ouh, sorry, I completely passed over it without noticing; I've just
> re-uploaded the package
>
> > Please make a 0.8.9-9 upload to mentors with the fixed patch and clean
> > rule and I'll be OK to upload it.
>
> As a personal feeling, I'd rather keep all those changes in the -8
> revision, so I re-uploaded version 0.8.9-8; I hope you don't mind
> about it.

Please read my sponsoring page - there are good reasons for incrementing
the version. In particular, it makes sponsoring harder for me because I
cannot overlay your new upload over my test layout and I cannot easily
compare -8 with -9. It makes it much more complicated to bring this
package into my normal sponsoring work patterns.

There is no reason to care about "a missing -8" or any other "tidyness"
reasoning, IMHO.

http://people.debian.org/~codehelp/#increment

So, yes, I do mind. Please upload a -9, describe -9 in the -9 changelog
entry and replace the previous -8 changelog entry. Thanks.

Other sponsors have different requirements, these are mine.
;-)

--

Neil Williams