Re: RFS: liboauth-php

Hi Raphael,

Thanks for the review.

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 12:01:16 -0500
Raphael Geissert <atomo64+debian@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am looking for a sponsor for my package "liboauth-php".
> >
> > * Package name    : liboauth-php
> >   Version         : 0.0~svn620
>
> Package versioning is wrong, please refer to policy.
Fixed.

> >   Upstream Author : Andy Smith <andy@anarkystic.com>
> .
> > * License         : MIT
>
> Oh really? none of the files shipped by upstream say a thing about
> authorship nor licence nor copyright. And a quick look at the website
> doesn't help either.
>
> Where did you get that information from?
The Google Code page lists it.  However, I've contacted the author and
he's added a LICENSE.txt file.

> debian/control:
> Depends: php4 | php5, ${shlibs:Depends}, ${misc:Depends}
>
> php4 is obsolete and won't be shipped neither in lenny nor lenny+1,
> so the ORed dependency is useless (and in any case php5 should be the
> first to appear).
Fixed.

> ${shlibs:Depends} is completely useless in this case.
Fixed.

> Architecture: any
> again wrong, as the code is architecture-independent.
Fixed.

> Oh, and from lintian:
> I: liboauth-php source: debian-watch-file-is-missing
As this is using upstream's SVN, uscan can't do much.  I've added a
debian/watch with comments explaining this.

The updated package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/liboauth-php/liboauth-php_0~svn622-1.dsc

Note that the version string has changed.

Regards,
--
Daniel Watkins (Odd_Bloke)