Re: RFS: dante - fix RC bugs, adopt, update

On Thursday 17 July 2008 17:47:51 Peter Pentchev wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 05:19:37PM +0300, Peter Pentchev wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 1.1.19.dfsg-1
> > of the "dante" package - I'm adopting it, fixing three RC bugs
> > (dante does not currently have a version in testing), updating it
> > to the new upstream release, and updating the Debian packaging
> > a lot.
> >
> > It builds these binary packages:
> > dante-client - SOCKS wrapper for users behind a firewall
> > dante-server - SOCKS (v4 and v5) proxy daemon (danted)
> > libdsocksd0 - SOCKS library for internal use by the dante client
> > libsocksd0 - SOCKS library for packages built using libsocksd-dev
> > libsocksd0-dev - Development files for compiling programs with SOCKS
> > support
> >
> > The package has been tested by lintian on testing and unstable.
> >
> > The upload would fix these bugs: 232574, 368322 (grave), 466082 (grave),
> > and 486756 (ITA).
> >
> > The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
> > http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/d/dante/dante_1.1.19.dfsg-1.ds
> >
> > I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me, so that dante
> > has a chance of making it into Lenny now that the RC bugs are fixed.
>
> I forgot this in the RFS, but here's the brief part of the changelog
> (the 1.1.19.dfsg-1 changelog entry itself also has a file-by-file
> breakdown of the changes):
>
>    * New maintainer.  Closes: #486756
>    * Do not start danted if the config file contains nothing but
>      the default settings.  Closes: #232574, #368322, #466082.
>    * Use quilt to manage the patches, converting all existing ones.
>    * Fix some lintian warnings
>    * Add a watch file and README.source
>    * Honor DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS
>    * Separate the dante client library into a package of its own
>    * Minimize the rules file by using debhelper 7
>    * Add the Vcs-Svn and Vcs-Browser source control fields
>    * Add symbols files for the libraries
>    * Convert the copyright file the machine-parseable format
>    * Fix some C compiler warnings, mainly related to printf format strings
>    * Enable build hardening unless DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS contains "nohardening"
>    * New upstream version
>      - remove the sockd/serverconfig.c upstream patch
>      - doc/README.msproxy was removed
>    * Install all sample configuration files
>
>    [file-by-file changes snipped]

Peter,
	I just uploaded that package, since it brings notable improvements over the
last one found in sid -- thanks for taking care of that!
	I have one question, though: did you feed upstream with the patches applied
to the upstream code, AFAICS they will be interested in all of them, but
`rename' ones ?