RE: font policy changes

It would only fail if you did not have an X server running, for example
if root were running in single-user mode.  But if an ordinary user logs
in using an X server in multi-user mode and does an "su" to root to run
apt-get, or of course if root logs in and runs X11, it works.  This
package isn't part of any default Debian installation, so I think a user
would most often be running apt-get inside an X11 environment.

"fc-cache -f" will run without an X server running.  Maybe that is the
best choice.

Paul Hardy
unifoundry@unifoundry.com