RE: font policy changes

True.  I guess that would have to be trapped gracefully.

Would running "fc-cache -f" be preferable?  It will identify bitmap and
TrueType fonts.  There are two things I don't like about that command
though: 1) it has no man page (I guess I can write one) although
"fc-cache --help" lists options; 2) I don't think it dies gracefully --
it can corrupt a cache if there is an error, and doesn't unwind to the
old cache version (unless the program has been improved recently).  Is
that tolerable?

Paul Hardy
unifoundry@unifoundry.com