Re: RFS: dcraw (updated package)

Le Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 03:56:30AM +0200, Cyril Brulebois a écrit :

> pkg-phototools

Salut Cyril,

team maintainance is definitely the way to go. dcraw is the kind of
program that will always be obsolete in Debian stable anyway, so despite
the time that has been lost, I agree that rushing for Lenny does not
make sense. I would rather recommend a special care for easy
backporting.

So in conclusion, Carl, I recommend you to contact the pkg-phototools
team while doublechecking that the current maintainer is MIA, and see
how you can either join or help them for the takeover if necessary. In
the long term, I am sure that it will benefit more to the Lenny users.

Anyway, thanks a lot for raising the issue, dcraw is definitely the kind
of package that will attract bitter complains if the only reason why
people can not use their camera is that the pakcage has been neglected.

PS: if the package is taken over, maybe you can consider using the
upstream tarball complemented with other upstream files rather that
assembling a debian-specific orig.tar.gz.
http://www.cybercom.net/~dcoffin/dcraw/archive/

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy