Re: RFS: dcraw (updated package)

Le Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 11:54:01PM +0200, Leopold Palomo Avellaneda a écrit :
> A Dimarts 08 Juliol 2008, Carl Fürstenberg va escriure:
> > Dear mentors,
> >
> > - dget
> > http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/d/dcraw/dcraw_8.86-0.1.dsc
> >

> I don't understand this.
>
> This package has a maintainer, and he's the maintainer from the beginning I
> think. I know that is not a DD, but why not to ask him, or make a bug report
> if you don't like the package? Or what's happening?

Hi Carl,

The debdiff between 8.86-1 and 8.80-1 is definitely too intrusive for a NMU,
let alone that NMUs are not to be used for new upstream releases but for
helping maintainers to fix important bugs in their packages. I understand that
the situation can be frustrating since the current version in Debian can not
handle some cameras (#482816), but if you want to help the maintainer of the
dcraw package in Debian, you should not do changes such as introducing a patch
system that may not be his favorite.

Have you tried to contact the maintainer? Your wishlist bug for a new upstream
release is only one day old!

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy