Re: RFS: dcraw (updated package)

A Dimecres 09 Juliol 2008, Carl Fürstenberg va escriure:
> On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 02:08, Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> wrote:
> > Le Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 11:54:01PM +0200, Leopold Palomo Avellaneda a
écrit :
> >> A Dimarts 08 Juliol 2008, Carl Fürstenberg va escriure:

> >> I don't understand this.
> >>
> >> This package has a maintainer, and he's the maintainer from the
> >> beginning I think. I know that is not a DD, but why not to ask him, or
> >> make a bug report if you don't like the package? Or what's happening?
> >
> > Hi Carl,
> >
> > The debdiff between 8.86-1 and 8.80-1 is definitely too intrusive for a
> > NMU, let alone that NMUs are not to be used for new upstream releases but
> > for helping maintainers to fix important bugs in their packages. I
> > understand that the situation can be frustrating since the current
> > version in Debian can not handle some cameras (#482816), but if you want
> > to help the maintainer of the dcraw package in Debian, you should not do
> > changes such as introducing a patch system that may not be his favorite.
> >
> > Have you tried to contact the maintainer? Your wishlist bug for a new
> > upstream release is only one day old!
> >
> > Have a nice day,
> >
> > --
> > Charles Plessy
> > Debian-Med packaging team,
> > Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan
> >

> > --
>
> Hehe, perhaps I was too fast there. first of, I remade the package,
> making it less changed from the previous version. The only real change
> now is the new upsteam version and internationalization of manpages. I
> have contacted the maintainer, but no reply as of yet, I noticed that
> the wishlist report I made is a dupe from an bug report (marked
> important), made 45 days ago, and no reply by maintainer, so I'm
> afraid the maintainer is MIA.
> When is the final deadline for lenny? was hoping that the latest
> version could get squeezed in there.

On sunday evening I was talking with Dave Coffin and I showed him the debian
package. He doesn't like that the i18n pages weren't in the debian package
and doesn't found any utility of some binaries (some fuji?) that I don't
remember. So, we agreed that he would contact with Steve King about that.

I think that the lenny deadline is an important question, but I would give to
the debian maintainer some "period of grace". What do you think?

Regards,

Leo