Re: Prospective package - Redmine #478741

Hello Richard,

I would suggest to read the New Maintainers' Guide
(http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide).
First its important to ensure that Redmine is not conflicting with the Debian
Free Software Guidelines (DFSG). See 2.1 of the DFSG.
If its not conflicting you can send a ITP (Intent To Package) message so that
everyone knows you are working on the package.
After that play and enjoy to create the package.

I hope I havent forget anything. I am also just a beginning package builder.

gr,
Willem

On Tuesday 08 July 2008, Richard Hurt wrote:
> I would like to assist in the packaging of the Redmine Project
> Management system.  My company is wanting to create a product around
> Redmine and building a Debian package is the best means to do this.  I
> am not a DD but have been a user/admin for several years.  This would
> be my first official foray into the world of package creation and need
> some guidance about how to proceed.
>
> How do I go about getting Redmine packaged up and into the Debian
> repository?
>
> Thanx!
>    Richard

believed to be clean.