Prospective package - Redmine #478741

I would like to assist in the packaging of the Redmine Project Management system. My company is wanting to create a product around Redmine and building a Debian package is the best means to do this. I am not a DD but have been a user/admin for several years. This would be my first official foray into the world of package creation and need some guidance about how to proceed.

How do I go about getting Redmine packaged up and into the Debian repository?

Thanx!
  Richard