Re: Factorised code for adding a file in /etc/apache2/conf.d/ and restarting apache ?

OoO Pendant le journal télévisé du dimanche 06 juillet 2008, vers 20:05,
Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> disait :

>>> - if yes add a link to a configuration file in /etc/apache2/conf.d

>> You can add that file or the link unconditionally.

> That would really upset me if I were a systems administrator.  Most of my
> Apache configurations have multiple virtual hosts, and having some package
> randomly add itself to the namespace of every virtual host I run, possibly
> taking over pages that were currently serving some other purpose, would be
> extremely annoying.

> I'd want at least a debconf prompt before something added itself to the
> global Apache configuration.

It seems  to be best practice to  not add anything that  could disrupt a
running Apache  configuration. For  example, aliases are  left commented
while Directory directives are uncommented.
--
prom_printf("Detected PenguinPages, getting out of here.\n");
	2.0.38 /usr/src/linux/arch/sparc/mm/srmmu.c