Re: Factorised code for adding a file in /etc/apache2/conf.d/ and restarting apache ?

Stefan Fritsch <sf@sfritsch.de> writes:
> On Saturday 05 July 2008, Charles Plessy wrote:

>>  - if yes add a link to a configuration file in /etc/apache2/conf.d

> You can add that file or the link unconditionally.

That would really upset me if I were a systems administrator.  Most of my
Apache configurations have multiple virtual hosts, and having some package
randomly add itself to the namespace of every virtual host I run, possibly
taking over pages that were currently serving some other purpose, would be
extremely annoying.

I'd want at least a debconf prompt before something added itself to the
global Apache configuration.