Re: RFS: freemat

* Giuseppe Iuculano <giuseppe@iuculano.it> [070912 12:14]:
> Done, and re-uploaded.

Some more issues:

* you build-depend on autotools-dev and delete those file unconditionally,
so there is no need to only copy config.guess and config.sub in if they
are there. (i.e: remove the ifneq and endif around the copies)
(Mostly a cosmetic issue)
Acutally, as you tell autoreconf an -f -i, it might even copy them there
a second time. (-f also modifies INSTALL, so perhaps without -f is better)

* You miss a build-dependency on pkg-config. (And upstream's configure
 or something included by this needs better error reporting, most likely
 the m4 files from pkg-config).

* After this unpatch no longer works. I think this is because you patch
Makfile.in files. As you call autoreconf, this can only be harmfull.

* running autoreconf changes many files, many are not reverted by your
  clean. (and no not forget to make the config.status rule then depend
  configure.in instead of configure)

* you might want to tell upstream to tell whoever is responsible for
  AC_LIB_FREEMAT_CHECK in acinclude.m4, that neighter CFLAGS nor CXXFLAGS
  are suiteable places to put -I in (-I and -D belong only in CPPFLAGS,
  never ever into CFLAGS or CXXFLAGS).
  (heck, configure even print warnings about not finding umfpack.h in the
   preprocessor because of this).

There might still be other issues, I did not yet give it a thourough look.
(took me some time to figure out it was pkg-config missing and c++ is
really slow, did not yet even do a full compile yet...)

Hochachtungsvoll,
	Bernhard R. Link
--
"Never contain programs so few bugs, as when no debugging tools are available!"
	Niklaus Wirth