Re: RFS: freemat

Bernhard R. Link ha scritto:
> * Giuseppe Iuculano <giuseppe@iuculano.it> [070912 12:14]:
>> Done, and re-uploaded.
>
> Some more issues:
>
> * you build-depend on autotools-dev and delete those file unconditionally,
> so there is no need to only copy config.guess and config.sub in if they
> are there. (i.e: remove the ifneq and endif around the copies)
> (Mostly a cosmetic issue)
> Acutally, as you tell autoreconf an -f -i, it might even copy them there
> a second time. (-f also modifies INSTALL, so perhaps without -f is better)
>
> * You miss a build-dependency on pkg-config. (And upstream's configure
>  or something included by this needs better error reporting, most likely
>  the m4 files from pkg-config).

Fixed.
I removed also autoreconf, Makefile calls aclocal,automake,autoconf

> * After this unpatch no longer works. I think this is because you patch
> Makfile.in files. As you call autoreconf, this can only be harmfull.
>
> * running autoreconf changes many files, many are not reverted by your
>   clean.

I don't know how fix this, I need patching Makefile.in to fix UMFPACK search and so I need
 to call aclocal/automake/autoconf... How can I fix this?

> (and no not forget to make the config.status rule then depend
>   configure.in instead of configure)

Fixed

> * you might want to tell upstream to tell whoever is responsible for
>   AC_LIB_FREEMAT_CHECK in acinclude.m4, that neighter CFLAGS nor CXXFLAGS
>   are suiteable places to put -I in (-I and -D belong only in CPPFLAGS,
>   never ever into CFLAGS or CXXFLAGS).
>   (heck, configure even print warnings about not finding umfpack.h in the
>    preprocessor because of this).

Ok, I'm going to open a bug in freemat sourceforge bug tracker.

> There might still be other issues, I did not yet give it a thourough look.
> (took me some time to figure out it was pkg-config missing and c++ is
> really slow, did not yet even do a full compile yet...)

Thanks, reuploaded on mentors.

Giuseppe Iuculano.