Re: Installing init.d scripts

OoO Pendant le journal télévisé du lundi 02 juin 2008, vers 20:47, David
Paleino <d.paleino@gmail.com> disait:

>> If you rename XXXXXXXX.init.d to init.d, what happens?

> Isn't that *.init/init?

Yes, my mistake.

>> Underscore  is not  allowed in  a package name.

> Uhm, right.
> But does dh_installinit depend on the package name?

Yes. I suppose  that dh_installinit search for any  *.init file but does
debhelper magic only if it  matches <packagename>.init. The fact that it
installs  *.init  even  for  files  not matching  package  name  is  not
documented though.
--
I WILL RETURN THE SEEING-EYE DOG
I WILL RETURN THE SEEING-EYE DOG
I WILL RETURN THE SEEING-EYE DOG
-+- Bart Simpson on chalkboard in episode 9F18