Re: No orig.tar.gz or diff.gz with pdebuild

On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 13:44:41 -0800, "Todd A. Jacobs" <nospam@codegnome.org> said:

> The packages build properly, but despite the -sa option I'm not
> getting the orig.tar.gz or a diff.gz file added to the relevant
> .changes or .dsc files. I do, however, get a tar.gz file with the
> current source tree.

The .orig.tar.gz is not created automagically.  You have to either
provide it, or have a <source>.orig (IIRC) directory in the parent
directory.  But generally it's best to just copy the original upstream
source to <source>.orig.tar.gz.

> So, two questions:

>     1. Are the orig.tar.gz or diff.gz actually needed, as long as a
> source file is still being built?

Yes, unless the package is a native package.

>     2. If they're needed, what am I doing wrong here, and how do I get
> pdebuild to pass the correct command to whatever subprocess needs it?

See above.

--
Hubert Chathi <uhoreg@debian.org> -- Jabber: hubert@uhoreg.ca
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA         http://www.uhoreg.ca/