Re: No orig.tar.gz or diff.gz with pdebuild

On 08/03/2008, Todd A. Jacobs wrote:
> If I try to do a standard build, I get all sorts of errors like:

No. Not all are errors.

>     dpkg-source: cannot represent change to test/test_compare/compare_siemens/siemens_010_f.png: binary file contents changed
>     dpkg-source: cannot represent change to test/test_compare/compare_siemens/siemens_012_f.png: binary file contents changed
>     dpkg-source: cannot represent change to test/test_compare/compare_confirmed/barcode_004_a.png: binary file contents changed
>     dpkg-source: cannot represent change to test/test_compare/compare_confirmed/barcode_014_c.png: binary file contents changed

Indeed, diff.gz can't hold diffs for binary stuff, only for text
thingies. Those files probably get (re)generated during the build, so
you might want to remove them in the clean target, so that they're no
longer a problem while building .diff.gz.

>     dpkg-source: warning: executable mode 0755 of 'test/test_compare/compare_siemens.sh' will not be represented in diff
>     dpkg-source: warning: executable mode 0755 of 'test/test_compare/compare_confirmed.sh' will not be represented in diff
>     dpkg-source: warning: executable mode 0755 of 'test/test_compare/compare_generated.sh' will not be represented in diff
>     dpkg-source: warning: executable mode 0755 of 'dmtxscangrid.c' will not be represented in diff

Those are warnings only.

>     dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of file config.guess
>     dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of file config.sub

Those too, and you'll get the same if you do what I suggest for the
images above.

> So, what does one normally do when using subversion sources, rather
> than a numbered release? That's obviously part of my problem here,
> since libdmtx-0.4.0 is really libdmtx-0.4.0+svn102.

I don't see how preparing svn thingies are relevant here, you just have
to adapt the clean target to get rid of modified binaries (after having
checked they are finally generated again, of course).

Cheers,

--
Cyril Brulebois