Re: RFS: beef and rhinote (new versions)

On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 04:45:24PM +0100, Andrea Bolognani wrote......

> So apparently the different md5sum is due to the fact the upstream
> tarball was created from a FAT filesystem, while the one in
> Debian's archives was created by dpkg-buildpackage on a GNU/Linux
> system (compression level could also another cause I guess).

Not true. I just downloaded from upstream, started from scratch with
dh_make, etc. and then compared upstream with the newly created
.orig.tar.gz and they matched.

> How should I handle this? Building the package using the upstream
> tarball works fine, but I don't think it's possible to replace the
> .orig.tar.gz in the Debian archive with another one.

Download a new upstream source.

Execute dh_make.

You'll have to rename the directory that is made from rhinote-0.7 to
rhinote-0.7.0 since that is what you were working with before.

Remove the newly created /debian directory and replace with the one
you've been working with recently with all of the latest changes,
etc.

Build using the -sa option of dpkg-buildpackage. That option
includes the .orig.tar.gz file in the build.

Post your new .dsc file for me to grab and I'll rebuild, sign and
upload.

From there we should be good.

Kevin

--