Re: RFS: beef and rhinote (new versions)

On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 11:55:32 -0500
Kevin Coyner <kevin@rustybear.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 04:45:24PM +0100, Andrea Bolognani wrote......
>
> > So apparently the different md5sum is due to the fact the upstream
> > tarball was created from a FAT filesystem, while the one in
> > Debian's archives was created by dpkg-buildpackage on a GNU/Linux
> > system (compression level could also another cause I guess).
>
> Not true. I just downloaded from upstream, started from scratch with
> dh_make, etc. and then compared upstream with the newly created
> .orig.tar.gz and they matched.

I started again passing the -f option to dh_make, and the md5sums match.
When I created the package, I uncompressed the tarball and let dh_make
create the .orig.tar.gz from the source folder, which (obviously) ended up
being different from the upstream one.

> Post your new .dsc file for me to grab and I'll rebuild, sign and
> upload.

The new version is at the same location as all the previous ones:

    dget http://www.kiyuko.org/debian/rhinote_0.7.0-2.dsc

Thank you for your patience.

--
KiyuKo <eof AT kiyuko DOT org>