Re: In which section should go this kernel patch package (tuxonice)?

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 19:53:02 +0530
Kapil Hari Paranjape <kapil@imsc.res.in> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Mon, 18 Feb 2008, Mattia Oss wrote:
> > So it should be devel, right?
>
> Right. I think the remaining "linux-patch-*" packages are in "devel"
> too!

This is what I thought! But when I searched in the debian archive I
found:
linux-patch-aufs:		Section: misc
linux-patch-bootsplash:		Section: graphics
linux-patch-debian-2.6.24:	Section: devel
linux-patch-debianlogo:		Section: devel
linux-patch-evms:		Section: admin
linux-patch-gcov:		Section: devel
linux-patch-openswan:		Section: net
linux-patch-skas:		Section: devel

That's why it was not much clear for me.

> By the way, you should figure out whether your patch is compatible
> with the default (patched) debian linux source or it needs the
> upstream linux sources. It will need to be applied and
> compiled accordingly.

This patch will be compatible only with linux-source, that is the
kernel with Debian patches already applied.

> Regards,
>
> Kapil.
> --

Again, thank you for your advices.