Re: In which section should go this kernel patch package (tuxonice)?

Hello,

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008, Mattia Oss wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 18:42:32 +0530
> Kapil Hari Paranjape <kapil@imsc.res.in> wrote:
> > At first glance this is likely to be more than one package. There is
> > the kernel-patch which would be in devel, the hibernate script which
> > would be in admin and the user-interface which could be in utils.
>
> I'm trying to package only the kernel patch; the hibernate and
> tuxonice-userui programs are already packaged in debian.

I misunderstood.

> So it should be devel, right?

Right. I think the remaining "linux-patch-*" packages are in "devel"
too!

By the way, you should figure out whether your patch is compatible
with the default (patched) debian linux source or it needs the
upstream linux sources. It will need to be applied and
compiled accordingly.

Regards,

Kapil.