Re: Long descriptions in RFS emails.

On 11/02/2008, Andres Mejia wrote:
> Perhaps it's best to include where the description and other
> information should go. I'm thinking something like:
> […]

I'd like not to see this in a template anymore. And rather a “State of
the package with the latest lintian version available (in unstable):”,
reminding people that this is not just a sentence to copy over, and
that one has to actually run lintian…

> The upload would fix these bugs: XXXXXX . . .

Maybe suggesting to include a description and/or the severity of the
bugs might help spot “important” uploads.

> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/package/package_version.dsc

That URL is IMHO very sufficient.

> Reason: This is a new upstream. It fixes a security issue that
> allowed this and that. etc. . . .

That might be a nice summary instead of just a list of bugs, titles,
severities as I proposed above, but the idea is just the same.

Cheers,

--
Cyril Brulebois